Google Analytics

Friday, November 11, 2005

A Day Late...

That old saying is the perfect description of my normal behavior when it comes to planning…I’m always a day late and a dollar short! Now it’s time for Christmas planning, and surely better crafters than I have been hard at work for months on the gifts they intend to give.

I’m not even sure that I can make what I want to make (I suppose there’s a certain beauty to that, too - if I can’t figure it out, I can drop by the store and buy something last minute, right?). Making knitted gifts is something I’ve only tried once before (last year’s fun fur scarves) - as sewing is much more “up my alley.” But once again, I’m casting about (!) for something different to give, that won’t break the bank.

Since I’ve done the scarf thing, I hate to do it again, tho’ frankly, I do think that folks will enjoy more than one (and I might get pushed into it at the last minute). This year, however, I’ve decided to try to make my grandsons’ knitted hats! Since I’ve never made one before, this will be a challenge. I’ve had one experience on dpns and let’s just say that VooDoo is frogged till, perhaps, after the holidays!

So why do I always wait so long? (last winter, family gifts were crafted in the last 5 days before the “big day!”)

Maybe it’s denial? I promise myself that there really are more hours in the day and there aren’t? Or maybe it’s Polly-Anna-ish? I am SuperWoman and can accomplish much more than the normal woman in 24 hours?

Maybe it’s the proverbial “eyes bigger than the plate” syndrome…I want to give so much more than I’m capable of giving - hey if that were it, don’t you think I’d be crafting in January for the NEXT Christmas?

I think, tho’ that the reality is, life just gets in the way of my good intentions. That and the old “why do today what I can put off till tomorrow” procrastination thing. So I’ll go ahead with my plans, entirely larger than life, and get done what I can.

Oh, and I’ve still got Nana Sadie Rose orders and another craft show ahead of me!

No comments: