Google Analytics

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Work as Catharsis...

My sincere thanks to everyone who emailed and commented on my family's loss this week. What I've learned in the past, has been applied this time as well, and work (which in my case, is craft) is wonderful for helping me move through the grief and pain.

I'm finishing up orders from the Star City Cat Show, and I suppose this is the purrfect occasion to let you all know that "Nana Sadie Rose will be hitting the road once again in September.

I've been invited to participate in the National Capital Cat Show at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA on September 9-10! I'm excited and a bit overwhelmed by this, as it is by far the largest show I've ever attempted. Had I started a bit earlier (when I was first invited!), I might feel a little more in control of the situation, but at that point, I really didn't think it was something I dared to do.

Now, thanks to the encouragement of other vendors who have done both shows (Hi! Pat & Chuck!, Hi! Wendy!), the Star City Cat Show folks, and my own support system - including the aunt I just lost - I've decided I'm going to try it!

This show has a gate of 10,000. No, I'm not going to try to make even half that many bags, as it would be impossible. But we'll have a good amount to sell outright, and of course, I can take orders.

So if you're in the Northern Virginia/Metro DC area the weekend of September 9-10, stop by and see me...I'm told there's free parking at the Expo Center!
lololol!

No comments: