Google Analytics

Monday, December 24, 2007

The Spirit of the Season

Very shortly now, it will be Christmas Eve. This is the season of light, when we strive to remember that we are all in this together, and that there is more to this than who can rack up the most of the newest gifts to show off.

Depending on your religious persuasion, it may also be a time when we recognize a critical moment in a belief system: the birth of Jesus, the Prince of Peace.

Or perhaps you are celebrating the end of the long, dark season, recognizing that now we truly are turning again toward the light, and preparing for new beginnings, as Dave said so beautifully the other day.

Some of us are trying to work for peace in the new year, a new beginning in my mind.

My projects, both knitting and writing, will be focused on peace. I won't be abandoning my work, or my business, but my "ME" time will be centered on thinking, praying, meditating, knitting, being peace.

And this Christmas song serendipitously appeared on the radio today just as I was thinking some of this through, so I thought I'd include my favorite stanza here:

Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment
And live each moment
With peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth,
And let it begin with me.


Because you know what? It truly ALL does begin with me (and with you).

I challenge you to think about how you will incorporate such peace work in your life in 2008.
(((hugs)))

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with everyone! I think it's a perfect goal to aim for this year; an abundance of peace can never be a bad thing. I hope you've had a very happy holiday :)