Google Analytics

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Because It's All About Caution and Honesty

I found this today, surfing on MSNBC and finding their consumer blog The Red Tape Chronicles


I was aware that the "Free Credit Report" ads advertised "services" that were not actually free. I have a tendency to think everyone knows these things. And I do realize I'm an accountant and am tuned-in to this stuff more than most folks. If you thought the catchy ads were cute (I did!), I just hope you'll be careful. Everyone is watching their pennies these days, and this is one way you probably want to spend your precious funds cautiously and save where you can...still, you do want to watch out for identity theft, and keep a good eye on your personal finances.

So make sure to check your credit report annually, but check it free, really free at Annual Credit Report.com.

Oh. And the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) created this (and another) ad, but they don't have the funds to put them on TV. They're hoping we'll help them out by posting them online. So grab that code and embed away, okay? You can find the other ad on YouTube here It's cute, too.

Frankly? I think these ads are every bit as cute and catchy as those other ads! And these are honest!

1 comment:

teabird said...

Great advice - thank you!