Google Analytics

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Local Summer Week #?

I'm behind. Way, way behind. But I wanted to post a photo of the dinner I made with my CSA share this week, and for the first time? It's completely from veggies from that (except for the olive oil). I was so surprised when I opened the bag and saw that virtually everything in the bag (ok, there was a small head of lettuce and some beets which I did not add) was perfect for ...
Ratatouille! I make it the fast and furious way (since I admit I am not a cook).

I chop everything up: fresh tomatoes (yellow AND red - and I blanched them to skin them more easily), carrots, eggplant, onion (yes!), celery, garlic, green pepper, zuccini, basil, curly parsely. I toss them all in my big casserole dish, toss on some olive oil (oh, hmm..I did add salt & freshly cracked pepper, and also some dried oregano - not from the CSA share!).

The photo above is after two days in the fridge. I ate it for those two days, and I froze the rest. I'll enjoy it later on, perhaps with brown rice! It was, as I'm sure you can imagine, yummy!

And apparently, the gardens have been hit by the tomato blight - we've been told not to expect any more..
(Sob!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all those flavors, how can one go wrong? What a great dish (and yep, I'm a similar cook - tossing it all in there). So sorry to hear about the tomato blight taking hold though. It makes every bite more precious, but sad at the same time.