Google Analytics

Monday, March 14, 2011

Meatless Mondays: Be Careful with That Stick Blender!

I have wanted to try this recipe for Moroccan Lentil Soup ever since I saw it. It took me a bit to find the garam masala (my Co-op had it) and the red lentils (again, check the Co-op, in the bulk aisle for both items). Then I had a dickens of a time finding vegetarian pinto beans!

I was so excited when I started smelling everything cooking away today...and it looked wonderful. The last instruction on that recipe is "with a stick blender, blend some of the soup." Note that key word, "some?" Yes, well, I used my stick blender for the first time. And before I knew what was up, I had the puree you see above!

I love it though - both the blender AND the soup - What a great meatless recipe this is!

No comments: