Google Analytics

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm Back! More Local Food!

And I have lots of photos to make up for being absent last week!

The CSA bag this week was full! And while I'm missing the squash and zuccini (I'm assured it will be in next weeks bag...), we had a lot of stuff this week that made me smile:
I am not a cucumber fan, have never been. They do NOT like me, no matter how I doctor them, but I can occasionally eat one or two slices this way. Soaked in red wine vinegar with a heavy sprinkle of fresh black pepper. The longer they sit, the better, from both a taste and a digestive perspective! There were two cukes in the bag, but this is the smaller of the two. I will have to find a happy home for the other.

Then, I was so happy to see these:
Cut into "pennies" steamed and then dressed with a melted butter, grated ginger and honey glaze? Oh my - what heaven! (yes, they're good raw, too...see below.)

Also there were two small heads of:
I'm unsure of the variety, but this lettuce surely tastes buttery...I've enjoyed it in salads:
and in my sandwiches all week.

So there you have it! I'll see you next week! Oh...and if you get the chance? Buy local food!

2 comments:

Carrie K said...

I'm lucky, we have lots of local food to buy. That looks delish!

MRS MJW said...

Love, love, love cukes in vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. I do like an additional tad of garlic. Yum!