Google Analytics

Monday, September 27, 2010

Reposting From Cheap Healthy Good for Meatless Monday!

Making Spaghetti Sauce from Scratch apparently is very easy, and I think it will go on my fall list of "must-dos" because recently I've had no time, and had to eat things with little or no "chewability" thanks to a flare-up of my previously-under-control TMJ. I am okay with jarred sauce, but I usually doctor it up quite a bit. Why not just go ahead and make fresh, especially with tomatoes all over the place (for a bit longer, but they'll soon be gone). If I can act fast enough, maybe I'll can some? Oh, who am I kidding? That would mean buying all those canning supplies, so I guess I'll find room in the freezer instead.

I have no photos to share, but tonight's dinner is scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and baby carrots cooked well beyond my preferred al dente to a very soft state, and covered with a honey (2 Tbsp), grated fresh ginger (to taste, I used about 1 Tbsp) and a mite of butter (just a tsp) glaze. Yummy. And easy to chew (or slide down the gullet as the case may be). Also really easy to make. Put the carrots on in a pot of water and boil to smitherines (ok, probably 10 minutes or so) and then mix the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and nuke for 30 seconds. I was able to use up the remains of a bag of baby carrots I'd been crunching on at lunch...which no doubt exascerbated the TMJ flare, right along with my dentist visit and X-rays...! (ouch)

The doc warned me to "cut my meat into teensy pieces" and I laughed. What meat?
(just the occasional salmon fillet, and I don't have to "cut" that - it flakes)

Meatless. The way to go, especially if you've got jaw issues!

1 comment:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry to hear about the TMJ flaring up. I'll send reiki tonight. I'm glad you are finding yummy substitutes that don't take much chewing. *hugs*