Google Analytics

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

One Word 2012: Ahimsa

Lately, I've been thinking that the word I should choose was "hermit." As that's what I wish I could do nowadays. But no, not really the sort of thing that's really appropriate for this "resolution" that's NOT.

So I've gone round and round, and finally decided that enough of the words I was looking at fit under the heading of one of the yamas of yoga: Ahimsa. Ultimately, it means non-harming, and while obviously I'm not a person who would intentionally harm anyone, I'm going to have to look at this from the standpoint of not harming myself.

I am one of those people who have a difficult time saying "no." Who loads on more and more, and rests less and less. Who can't easily chomp down on the purse strings long enough to do the right thing by myself.

My charms have been ordered, and I'll share a photo when the necklace arrives. And the plan is to revisit this often during the year. I hope I'll learn a lot.

So...what's YOUR word?

No comments: