Google Analytics

Friday, September 04, 2020

Wow - So MUCH Has Happened Since Last We Spoke!

But then you know that. We're all dealing with COVID and doing it in the best ways that work for each of us. I worked remotely for almost 3 months, and can still do so if need be, but am now coming into the office most days. All sorts of new requirements so that we do that, too. But we're handling it.

I'm surviving all of this craziness by immersing myself in opera. Don't faint. The Metropolitan Opera opened its archives and is presenting a free opera every night. I worked for our local opera company and for the national opera association for several years and fell in love with the genre then. But really only listened to the Met's Saturday programs and attended our local company's performances a couple of times a year. Now, I've fallen head over teacups for a well-known German tenor (!) I first saw in a Met production. I admit I don't care for the tenor voice, but this one is no ordinary tenor! His name is Jonas Kaufmann and his voice is considered "baritonal." Which works for my ear - I prefer baritones and basses.

So I've been buying up every CD and DVD I can find (he has actually had quite a long career, but since my activity with opera companies ended in the early 2000s and his began to take off internationally around 2004, it's no surprise I didn't know him). My office mates think I'm nuts, but I keep my headphones on when the door is open, or I play a little speaker on my desk when the door is closed.

Oh, and I'm handknitting again!! I've finished a pair of socks I had on the needles for two years and made another pair. And I've started a third.

I'll leave you with a photo of the little shrimp in my life - my Himalayan mix Moji. He's had his second lion cut of the summer season and looks so darn cute!

Stay well, stay safe, wear a mask (oh yeah, I've made over 100 masks - and stopped when my hands started arguing about whether they wanted to sew any longer or not! I think it's not...)

No comments: