Google Analytics

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reverb10: December 30

Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What's
the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?

This past November, I underwent out-patient surgery for a biopsy that was worrisome. I could not have gotten thru the day-long procedure without my friend Lynette who then also volunteered to spend the night (on an Aerobed on the floor that I realized too late I hadn't inflated properly!) to ensure I didn't fall down the stairs or otherwise endanger myself while the anesthesia wore off.

Family members we're handed, and we have no choice in the matter. Those folks, if we're lucky (and I have been!) become friends.

But the friend you choose as your sister is a gift beyond measure. I'm so grateful for mine.

1 comment:

Carrie#K said...

Friends & family! Sometimes they seem switched.